[trash-talk] montreux

Claude Knaus clyde7 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 07:32:35 PDT 2005

Hi Bill,

Yup, I was there, too.

The two bands playing before Garbage were Headfake and Patti Smith.
Headfake was basically a guy playing the guitar with occasional usage
of his weak vocal - everything else was playback, even the drums,
although there was a guy pretending to play the drums. Had to leave
after four songs...

Patti Smith was a real blessing after Headfake. I'm glad there still
are real rock bands like them. Her roaring voice gave me goose bumps a
couple of times.

Then Garbage. The crowd didn't move much, but the show was good. In
fact it was more enjoyable for that matter. Shirley looked cute with
her hat. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't play as many songs
as in Paris or other shows, but who am I to complain - I'm glad I saw
them the second time this year.

There are a few pictures on my site; a staff member had nothing better
to do than trying to stop me from making pictures - very annoying.

http://garbage.cknaus.net/

-- Claude