[trash-talk] cancelled tour

Shirley Vixen shirleyvixen at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 31 13:12:34 PDT 2005

Some opinions I posted somewhere else:

Blah, it is sad. I reckon we're only months away from an official press
release. I actually thought things were peaceful in Garbageland. This hints
at riffs and disagreements that are much big. To cancel an entire tour is
massive - the cost is HUGE. You just don't do it lightly and so it just
seems to suggest that they can't bear to do it. Fook. Not even in the messy
BG time did they cancel on such large scale. Aaargh.

****

*shrugs* It seems only natural to assume the "worst". You don't lose out on
thousands and thousands of pounds lightly.

However, I'd like to think that the positive thing in this is that people
believe that Garbage are the "fans' band" therefore it seems bizarre that
they would break commitments - no matter what their personal problems are.
As for the sake of what they are - a pop group, whose wealth and longitivity
have been wholly reliant on an obsessive fan base (cos lets face it, they
weren't exactly winning over the masses in recent years) - it would seem
strange that they would finish so abruptly.

If they do happen to split without fulfilling those commitments, I would be
disappointed but not perhaps surprised.