[trash-talk] support the troops

wilson king garbagebase at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 29 12:31:03 PDT 2005

In fact quite a few Marines and servicemen from other branches have
refused to go to Iraq. Some are serving their sentences in the military
jails, others have skipped the country completely, others are simply
hiding out. Some of their stories have been covered by Democracy Now!,
a great daily news program, fyi.

I'm not saying they are right or wrong, but at least they are standing
up for their principles, as you suggest below.

http://www.democracynow.org

Thanks,
-Bill

--- Shell Bryson <shell.bryson at dhnewmedia.com> wrote:

> And if they had refused to go, or fight
? They may have ended up in
> prison,
> but better than killing. How strong are your morals that you’ll kill
> for
> something you don’t believe in? If these marines REALLY cared they
> would
> stand up and be counted.

"The greatest price of refusing to participate in politics is being governed by your inferiors."

 - Plato, The Republic