[trash-talk] Flaws w/G.com

Pilar Shepard peshep at cox.net
Tue Aug 23 08:21:25 PDT 2005

I think we can all agree the "official" site is a let down.

Shell, I appreciate you and Sirin put alot of work into it, but when
people bring complaints - why always so defensive?  When I complained
about it not being user friendly - your response was basically - 3000
people could sign in - so tough titties to you.

The real point, is that the "official" site is not only NOT the cash
cow the label may hope it is - it is driving away fans and losing the
label money.  Here's why:

People that are curious about the band are not drawn in by the
content....by having no free areas to tempt them - why stay?

The message board generated excitement about the band and the
tour...no message board access for the non-member = no excitement to
buy the album/see the gig.

You can blame the label until you are blue in the face, but the band
- and the web designer also play a role.

I can honestly say that I'm not sure I'm gonna see the band when they
play SOMA next month -
to quote BB King - The Thrill is Gone.