[trash-talk] G and Amsterjam

Shell Bryson shell.bryson at dhnewmedia.com
Tue Aug 23 00:44:53 PDT 2005

You have no idea how hard we all work here to try and deliver ANYTHING for
the fans. It's a constant battle with the label and management to get a damn
thing for the fans. We have to struggle for even the most simple things, and
it takes MONTHS to get anything at all to happen. Have you any clue at all
the pitch battles that take place to get even simple competitions to happen?

The problem is you see, to a *label* a web site is just another commercial
tool. It's there to make money and to promote the band. It's got nothing to
do with fans, other than milking money from them. Luckily, in the case of
Garbage, there are a few dedicated fans involved trying to make sure that at
least some things happen that are not driven by making money.

Sirin and I have worked really hard for the best part of 5 years on fan
things, and for what? We've been really lucky in this last year or so to be
asked to be involved in the commericial aspects of garbage.com, which has
given us the oportunity to go to events like Jane to shoot pictures FOR
fans.

So, ashamed? No. You might be bitter, but a few of us are still out there
trying to fight for something better for fans. If that means we have to sit
on the labels side of the fense from time to time, so be it.

Frankly, a naïve slap in the face like that from you Matt is shameful.

Meanwhile, we'll keep doing everything we can, and we WILL be at every
Garbage event we can possibly get to so that we can have something for the
fansite - because if we don’t, nobody else will.

s.