[Trash-talk] Philadelphia - 4/16/05

matt ifeelintoxicated at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 16 22:05:46 PDT 2005

Wow, what a long day.

Got to the venue around 3:30, there were only about 20
people in front of me.  Chatted with a few people
around me, and then finally got in at 6:05 pm.  I've
never waited in line so long, and it was WELL WORTH
IT, because I was in the second row, between Shirley
and Duke.

Met a lovely young lady who was standing next to me.
I forget her name though...  Anyway, the Dead 60's
were okay.  Not memorable at all.  Played from 7 till
7:30.

Then around 8:10, Garbage came on!  The setlist is
unchanged, I believe, from the previous shows.  I
don't know if the order is different, but the songs
were definitely all the same.  I've never heard Queer
live in person, and I must say it's a lot better than
hearing a recording.

The crowd was great.  Very polite, for the most part.
Shirley didn't seem too talkative.  She talked a bit,
but I've seen her talk much more in the past.  The
show went by so fast.  They only played for about 80
minutes, rushing from song to song, it seemed.  Kinda
disappointing, especially because I already knew they
were going to play the unchanged 16 song set.  I don't
know if it was because of this or not, but this show
wasn't nearly as exciting as previous shows I've been
to.  I just keep getting the feeling that this album
is gonna be the last...

For those of you who are interested, Shirley was
wearing a black, backless dress, with blue trim on the
back.  And red boots, that she changed after 3 or 4
songs into a different pair of red boots.  (I'm not
sure why)

I pretty much left right after it was over.  I'm
guessing the band stayed to sign stuff, because the
crowd was great.  I was so exhausted, I figured I'll
catch 'em next time.

Merchandise: very cool poster for $8, crappy keychain
for $8, a variety of t-shirts for $25, and a black
zip-up hooded sweatshirt for $50

Still exhausted, so I'm heading for bed.

-Matt