[Trash-talk] breathe in

starvin' at nette bowdowntoanette at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 8 04:04:02 PDT 2004

Being that I unsubscribed from TT this summer, I should probably say a few
words about my fun summer. Best damn summer I've ever had!
I've said before I've spent my summer working in a hotel just outside of
Beitostølen, a famous winter area (where all the ski stars start their
season). My last night there I met the lead singer of an old, Norwegian band
(split up years ago) called Dance With A Stranger. He hadn't changed a bit
since he was in the spotlight.... only more wrinkled. *lol*
I've been working as a maid in hotel located 1066 meters above sea level.
It's been a cold summer, it's been unusually cold in the entire country, but
anyway.... Life up there consisted of three things; work, alcohol(and all it
carries with it) and hiking. Now that I'm home I've put myself in "de-tox",
staying away from alcohol for one month. Drank almost every other day, so I
could use a break.
I had a romance with a co-worker, the bartender of the hotel. But he broke
my heart by flirting wildly(don't want to know what else they did) with
another co-worker right in front of me. After a couple of days I swallowed
my pride and became friends with him again. I never held anything against
her, we kept our relationship secret, she couldn't possibly have known. I'm
going to a Nick Cave gig with her later this month.
Apart from that I became good friends with two Danish girls. One in
particular. The other one resembled Shirley so I found it a bit
uncomfortable being with her. After about a month I started getting over the
Shirley thing and became good friends with her. You should have seen me the
first time I saw her, I could barely speak, I felt like such an idiot..
Anyway, I've had a great time and I'd like to move back there, maybe
permanently.

@nette

"Listen to Genie, dear, Genie knows."