[Trash-talk] RE: Let's not hold back

Stefanie Schwartz skull at spastica.net
Mon May 31 17:43:06 PDT 2004

thank you so much for reminding me of sad alcoholic clowns.  that made me feel better.

i also miss when they would pick short, concise, engaging titles like 'milk' or 'vow.'  if they wrote those songs today they would be called 'i'm waiting for you' and 'tear your little world apart,' which would not be as cool.  it sounds like they are losing their minds.

i am interested to hear everything from calling all girls through the end.  space can come through anyone makes me a little nervous.  i imagine that as one of the weirder b-side type songs like 'confidence,' that sound more like experiments with sound than actual songs, with lyrics that may or may not involve the words "COME ON SHIRL!"

i'm sure they're evolving and blahblah but i really hope there's a hammering in my head or a supervixen on this record.  cos i love cherry lips and all (who CAN believe that such a body is for real?), but i live in constant fear of the next garbage album being a bunch of songs about things shirley thinks are cute and bouncy.