[Trash-talk] Let's Not Hold Back...

Susan Senn kanuz at hotmail.com
Mon May 31 09:51:40 PDT 2004

All right so come on my trashy people let's go through every title and say
what the title makes us think about what's to come.  It'll be fun, I
promise.

Hands On A Hard Body - I'm not the biggest fan of this title, either.  It
does have a Shirley feel to it, but it has kind of that
Shirley-as-she's-really-been-into-hip-hop kind of feel to it.  It's a little
high on the cheese factor.I prefer the simpler titles like Version
2.0...that was a great title.

SONGS:

Be my Bad Boyfriend - This one sounds kind of cheesy too.  I get the feeling
this might be the duet, something I'm also not really looking forward to.
It makes me think of something I'd hear in a shitty bar in the Midwest.

Run - Nice and simple.  It seems like it could be the more rock song on the
album.

Why don't you come over - I like this one because it seems cheeky and sexy,
that's the Garbage I love.  I could see this one having more flowing
melodies.  I would hope it would be flowing over a nice crunchy guitar riff,
though.

Guilty - This one's ambiguous, it could either be one the self-defeating G
tracks or one of the harder anger driven ones...either way I have high
hopes.

It's all over but the Crying. - This one brings to mind Cup of Coffee to me.
  Maybe a ballad.

Sex is not the Enemy - This one should be fun, I have hopes for something
like Sleep Together, but I think that's just because it has sex in the
title.

Hanging with the Bitches - I fear this one as well for the same reason as Be
my Bad Boyfriend.  It seems like it has kind of a Winger feeling to it.  On
the other hand I have this feeling that this is Nala's favorite.

Why don't you love Me. - This one sounds like it's also going to be slower
and desperate, kind of like YLSF or SLAR (So Like A Rose, I don't think
we've used that one yet.)

Calling All Girls - This one makes me think of Blondie, it does sound fun.
It sounds dancey.

HoneyBee - This one makes me think of Can't Seem To Make You Mine; the way
Shirl's vocals were super chorus-ey with a lot of effects on it, all coated
in sound.  yeah.

Bleed Like Me - I have high hopes for this one as well.  I miss my dark
Garbage, not that I mind their more upbeat less dark songs like Parade,  but
I guess there's still part of me longing for the stuff I got into them for
back when I was 12.

Right Between the Eyes - I don't really know what I think of this one.Seems
like a more spite driven song, maybe a faster paced song.

Space Can come Through Anyone - This one makes me think of the bridge in
Begging Bone where Shirl's vocals are double tracked but the vocals have
slightly different timings and also that bit in Use Me where the guitar sort
of trickles up. I really like both of those so I think this one will be
good.

Nobody Can Win - This one seems like the good old
everyone's-basically-fucked-anyway-so-why-bother type of song.  I actually
like those, because when you have a shitty ot's nice to come home and put on
a track that shows you someone else feels the same way.

There you have it.  Now someone else go.

Susan

"I'm the one screaming the white noise; the din that puts you to sleep at
night."