[Trash-talk] HOAHB album tracks

Alan Hoppe scully_itsme at hotmail.com
Sun May 30 15:05:34 PDT 2004

I dunno, I kinda *like* the title. I'd thought early on that they might call
it that. And it has a real *Shirley-esque* feel to it, and the sorts of
imagery it conjurs. Add to this that it was based on an oddball television
show (if I remember correctly, one of those kooky reality-tv-like
competition things) -- which is so *out in left field* from anything you'd
imagine if you just happened upon the title in a record shop. So that makes
me like it too.

Hands On A Hard Body reminds me of some of the lyrical imagery from
Hammering In My Head .. the part that goes "you must be made of concrete / i
sign my name across your chest".

Hands On A Hard Body also has a nice phonetic flow to it, saying it (just to
be a good little Garbage fanatic and probe this topic to the extreme). Hands
On A Hard Body .. it's easy to say, it falls from the lips in a pleasant
manner. Weeeeeee. I'm sure I'll be saying it from time to time.

Bleed Like Me and It's All Over But The Crying are my two favorite song
titles. Oooh, and of course Calling All Girls. That sounds like a fun one.

XOXO ........... Alan