[Trash-talk] new diaries / plus the NGR band i wanna mention

Alan Hoppe scully_itsme at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 14 09:09:41 PST 2004

new diaries posted a few days ago, nobody mentioned that here.

www.garbage.com/journal

i don't know the exact official date but we're right around the Garbage 10th
Anniversary point, aren't we? we should throw a big big party. a cyberparty!
if we each baked a cake and placed it in front of our webcam at the same
exact moment blowing out the garbage birthday candles and somehow hooked it
up to some newfangled web feed, and then we could have a dance contest.

or not.

I have a band to throw into the NGR promo ring: SCHOOLYARD HEROES! They're
really entertaining to watch and put on a fantastic high-energy show. If
you're living in Southern California or Las Vegas, check out SCHOOLYARD
HEROES at one 'o these venues/dates:

March 19th at the Placebo in Arcata, CA.
March 20th at the Riff Raff in Chico, CA.
March 21st at the Anarchy Library in Downey, CA.
March 23rd at the Derby in Hollywood, CA.
March 24th at the Cooler Lounge in Las Vegas, NV.
March 25th at Zen Sushi in Los Angeles, CA.

Nooo, I'm not part of an annoying street team or anything. I caught their
set opening for the Presidents of the United States of America the other
week, and I thought they were the highlight of the night. They've got a
female lead singer, and she's got awesome stage presence and voice. Her
bandmate counterparts on bass and lead guitar add to that dynamic in no
small way. Their guitarist is kickass and the bassist throws in some dual
vocals. Good drums too. They're not something you'd compare to Garbage or
anything, other than going "three dudes and a female frontperson". But they
sing about important social topics, like zombies, the dawn of the dead,
puppet people attacks, and other really terror-ific things. Check them out.
Also they've got an album out - The Funeral Sciences - for those not living
in that area. There are a couple of tracks from it you can download at
schoolyardheroes.com.

-Alan-