[Trash-talk] Curve ripped us off! boo hoo!

bathtub gin garbagebase at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 13:59:10 PST 2004

Hey that's all well and good. But just to clarify, I have made 2 posts
on this topic, and yes, at least one of the 2 implies that Curve may
have said something that apparently they didn't. For that I do
apologize, and I thank you for the clarification. But I hardly consider
that I am "continually" making such statements.  (Bashing Bush
continually, yes. Curve? no.)

The article posted here by Anette the other day was worded in such a
way that it appeared to come directly from the band or it's management,
thus my misunderstanding of who exactly was making the "rip off"
accusations.

Bill Shaw
www.garbagebase.com

--- Ian Abbott <iabbott at ruiner.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> True, but the thing is that they (as in Curve) have NEVER SAID that
> Garbage ripped them off, so you're doing them an injustice by
> continually - whether you are intending to or not - implying that
> they
> did, allowing you to then go on with your own immature "boo hoo"
> statements... :)
>
> Give it a rest, mate
> Ian
>

> On 10 Mar 2004, at 20:00, trash-talk-request at tcp.com wrote:
>
> > From: bathtub gin <garbagebase at yahoo.com>
> > Date: 9 March 2004 22:33:12 GMT
> > To: trash-talk at tcp.com
> > Subject: Re: [Trash-talk] Re: Curve
> >

> > Well I wouldn't have a problem with a statement that Garbage copied
> > Curve, that they were influenced by Curve, that they incorporate
> > elements of Curve's sound, that they borrowed from Curve, etc...
> >
> > I just don't like the phrase "rip off" applied to something that by
> > definition cannot be owned. To me, it makes them sound like babies,
> > "they ripped us off, boo hoo hoo..."
> >
> > Imitation, after all, is often called the highest form of flattery.

=====
Electronic Voting Machines are Bad News!!!

http://www.blackboxvoting.org

http://www.democracynow.org