[Trash-talk] PJ Harvey @ the Knitting Factory (concert review, NGR)

blisteringheat blisteringheat at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 17 01:57:41 PDT 2004

"It's been a long, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time..."

Welcome back to L.A. PJ Harvey. Three years since her last visit here,
Polly Jean and her new band are playing a few clubs in California as a warm
up to their tour. For those of you who have picked up her latest release,
Uh Huh, Her, and are worried that maybe she's become a bit too dark to put
on a good rock show, let me put your mind at ease. She rocked the house
down. PJ and her band are louder and rock harder than even the last time
she played L.A. Oh, and they sounded excellent. The new songs sound very
different, and in my opinion, better, in a live setting. And while she's
not quite as hyper as Karen O of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, she did a pretty good
impersonation on this night, prancing around the stage during one song and
then writhing on the floor during another while screaming the lyrics as
loud as she possibly could. She also looked great in her short cotton
yellow dress and purple heels. I can't wait to catch her again on the tour.
As a girl screamed about halfway through the show, "You're the shit, Polly
Jean!"

Setlist:
To Bring You My Love
Whore's Hustle