[Trash-talk] damn fine Shirley quote

starvin' at nette bowdowntoanette at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 7 22:02:17 PDT 2004

I'm reading a Q mag interview from I suppose 99 (never read it before), and
I thought this section was just excellent:

By the time Shirley Manson was spotted on MTV with her burnt-out group
Angelfish by the three fortysomething producers who man the musical
boiler-room of Garbage, she was already a road veteran of more than ten
years with troubled Scottish troupe Goodbye Mr MacKenzie, in whom she played
keyboards and sang backing vocals. As a measure of how far she has travelled
since, Goodbye Mr MacKenzie's singer and Manson's ex, Martin Metcalfe, was
recently "tricked" by the Scottish edition of The Sun into fronting
scurrilous "Now She Treats Me Like Garbage" kiss-and-tell. "Of course, since
then he's been remarkably apologetic and very uncomfortable about that," she
notes. "There's been various kiss and tells, but they're all absolute
rubbish."

No "I Shagged Her In Pub Toilet" revelations then?

"Well, he's still to sell his story. Och, I'll just give him another
blowjob. He'll keep quiet."

Here's another interview I found that I haven't read before. From what I can
figure out, this must be from the BG tour:
http://members.aol.com/ViviJuice/shirleyaol.html
Could the boots she refers to be the same boots that she wore when
performing Androgyny on Letterman?

@nette

"Listen to Genie, dear, Genie knows."