[Trash-talk] diaries, smitten-swooning, kings of leon, album, etc.

Alan Hoppe achoppe at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 28 16:12:06 PDT 2003

it's always good to have new bands to check out and stuff. i never do that,
i'm permanently unhip. but i just discovered the brandi carlile band!
(thanks, michele!) and i have been listening to their CD nonstop.
http://www.brandicarlile.com
it's got that bluesy classic-rock sexy-jangly thing going on, and the band
writes the music and their vocal harmonies are great, though i just saw them
live in limited acoustic format, with just brandi and one of her guitarists.
but if that was any indication, seeing the full band will be a real treat.
and the new tracks that i've heard have those production qualities that make
the listening experience fun. i keep thinking 'hey i wonder if butch would
like this CD'.

xo.......alan
sorry about the offtopic rambling.