second thoughts....... was: Re: [Trash-talk] I'm back, band recs.

starvin' at nette bowdowntoanette at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 23 10:16:02 PDT 2003

I've been thinking about my statements all yesterday and I came to the
comclusion that I said some wrong things. First things first though, i had
difficulties concentrating yesterday due to being forced out of bed at 5am
and a long, hard day at school and at the same time as I wrote the mail I
was trying to pay attention in class, so I was very distracted.
Anyway, back to this mail. Like I mentioned I had a long, hard think about
my "Nick Cave situation" yesterday, and I have to say a few things about it.
I was wrong about his lyric being complex, they're actually quite the
opposite. Very straightforward and clear.
I went into a rather bad state yesterday, started to panic in class. Thought
of seeking a doctor after school, but I didn't for several reasons I'm not
going to get into. I started thinking that maybe Nick murderous music didn't
help, cos the lyrics on Murder Ballads are QUITE morbid. I decieded to have
a listen to garbage (for the first time in long time) and heard through the
entire V2.0 plus some gigs(not entire shows, but a few songs) and I swear, I
haven't felt so good about myself in WEEKS. I went shopping for groceries
and as I wandering amongst the shelves I felt my appetite creeping back. I
was starving and I wanted food, again, for the first time in weeks. The past
few weeks when I've been hungry I haven't wanted to eat, food nausiates me.
But last night I had a good meal and I wasn't nauseous. So the end of the
line is: Garbage - GOOD, Nick Cave - BAD. So I suppose your mail DID have
some effect on me. Maybe not instantly, but I always have to analyse and
overanalyse things. But one thing I should say, his drug abuse doesen't
bother me. He's clean now, anyway.

@nette

"Hello? Operator? Give me the number for nine-one-one!!!"
-Homer Simpson-

"I couldn't recommend it more highly so you should all start producing."
-Butch Vig-