[Trash-talk] Elliott Smith and some Garbage notes

Alan Hoppe achoppe at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 22 19:06:31 PDT 2003

Thank you for the update on the studio diaries and the wall of Smart Studios
being fixed, and that's really really sad about Elliott Smith. I hadn't
heard about that. You're right, it's really sad when someone takes their own
life.

Snowflake told me that there's an article up on subhuman.net from the
Edinburgh Evening News, October 9, about Shirley being in the upcoming MTV
Europe Awards. It wasn't mentioned here, so I am passing it along.

A Seattle reporter was trashing Courtney in the press in this week's
STRANGER weekly and it had me in a totally pissed off mood as I commuted
home today. That had me thinking about Kurt Cobain and the tragedy of
suicide at one point, and then I got in and read your post about Elliott
Smith.

:(
Alan