[Trash-talk] Smart Studios 'backhoe incident' in latest Rolling Stone "Random Notes"

Alan Hoppe achoppe at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 6 03:25:48 PDT 2003

I don't have the issue in front of me because I had no money at the
newsstand today, but in the latest Rolling Stone that just came out (with
Johnny Cash on the cover), there's a small quarter-page-or-so feature in the
"Random Notes" section on the backhoe incident at Smart Studios. There's a
photo of Butch that we've all seen, and a little bit written about it. Some
Butch Quotes. Weeeee. And a mention of the album being completed sometime in
late October, I think.

Butch gets the credit for the photo - which I think Shirley took - and the
title of the mini-piece is "Men At Work". Geeeeeez .. the people at Rolling
Stone are stoned again.