Fwd: Re: [Trash-talk] obsessive ema ramble (from susan senn)

starvin' at nette bowdowntoanette at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 7 23:12:39 PST 2003

>>You have ot keep in mind all of the awards appearences Shirley's made
>>where she presents.  She's not very good at that.  Remember the 98 and 99
>>Grammy's?  She always seems disinterested.  I love Shirl, but plastering
>>on a fake smile and reading comedic banter from a teleprompter isn't her
>>cup of tea methinks.
Actually, I think this is the most "interrested" she's ever seemed. She was
joking with the crowd by constantly posing for them. She seemed rather
relaxed and natural. I think it had a lot to do with her being in her home
town. The other awards I've seen she's always been very "stiff" and
emotionless and not giving a flying f**k about the silly jokes that are
conjured up. This time no jokes were made up for them to do and they were
holding the mics which gives a lot more freedom than these podium thingies
there usually are. So I think she enjoyed it to a certain degree. (note: TO
A CERTAIN DEGREE) She seemed more into the crowd than the ceremony.

@nette

"Hello? Operator? Give me the number for nine-one-one!!!"
-Homer Simpson-

"I couldn't recommend it more highly so you should all start producing."
-Butch Vig-