[Trash-talk] Hiding behind a bush....was Old posts neverdie(they just fester)

Ian Abbott iabbott at ruiner.demon.co.uk
Wed May 14 01:01:39 PDT 2003

on 13/5/03 8:57 pm, Daniel Kelly at only_happy at lycos.co.uk wrote:

> Have you guys always hated D2 or is this a recent thing? Just wondering...
> ~Dan

I don't know how long you've been around here Dan, but I've been around (if
only lurking at most) on this list since the beginning of it, which I think
was back in early 1996. D2, in the early days, was a good poster IIRC but
over the years D2 has managed to p--- off a fair number of people. In the
past year or so, the number of posts that were just sarcasm or 'look at me'
posts have begun to outweigh the more relevant posts where D2 actually
contributes something like Kerrang! scans...

As for hating D2, I don't. I do think the alleged sense of humour and
shining wit needs a bit of a check but I don't hate him/her/it. I was always
told to be indifferent as it takes less effort to be disinterested than to
hate.

I just thought the entire suicide thing was in extremely poor taste, and his
flippancy when it was pointed out was loathsome.

Ian