[Trash-talk] Queen Helen fanclub/fanzines

Queen Helen fan club garbagefanclub at hotmail.com
Mon May 12 12:43:28 PDT 2003

Hello!

Okay...... I wanted to apologise for not writing earlier about the whole
thing. And apologise to the fanclub members who have a problem with the
fanclub. That's like, all US members..... So let me explain:

Where shall I start. Yes, Queen Helen fanclub is still alive. Claire rangada
goddess is supposed to "take care" of all US, Canadian and Australian
members, while I'm taking care of the European and rest of the world member,
meaning she sends and get money and info from people in the US, Canada and
Australia (we'll call it "US members" to shorten my explanation), while I'm
doing the same for Europe and all. We have about as many "US members" as
"Europe members".

The way we have been working for the past 2 years 1/2 is: I'd be doing my
fanzine "Queen Helen", Louise would be doing "Fish On Fire" (or I'd be
printing hers), and Claire would be printing her fanzine "Garbiology". Then,
Claire would send me a big parcel with her fanzines for the Europe members,
and I'd be sending her a big parcel with all copies of Queen Helen and Fish
on Fire for the US members. We'd do the same for the cds, photos, buttons,
etc. It has worked fine until last year.................

Suddenly, no news from Claire..... and recently, www.garbagezines.com
disapeared, aswell as all emails I'd get at elfie at garbagezines.com, no
explanation, nothing. Anyway. I finished issue 11 of Queen Helen back in
January, printed it all for everyone, sent copies to all Europe members,
then contacted Claire about sending the fanzines to her so she'd send them
to US members. She replied almost immediately, telling me to send them to
her and all. That was back in JANUARY! Then, no news from her.... I had no
option, and I'd sent her all the fanzines.... which cost me a LOT of money,
from my own money.

Since I didnt get any news from her, I asked Bill if he could help me by
copying the Glamtrash cds for the US members, he agreed, and I am very very
grateful, because it is a lot of work, and we worked VERY hard on that cd!
Then, suddenly, Claire reappeared, saying she'd be sending the fanzines and
that Bill could send her all cds she would send to the members, with Queen
Helen and her own fanzine. She'd be sending me her fanzine too for the
Europe members. I replied back, but didn't get any reply, and apparently she
has not sent the fanzines yet.....

I don't know what to do, and we don't have any money here in Europe, she has
most of the fanclub money.

Another problem is: fanzine 12 is almost ready, mushroom records vanished,
and Pias, who does the copies for me, suddendly decided they would not do so
anymore, meaning.... well if we can't do copies, I cannot afford them!!! (I
emailed them saying, "when can we do the copies, fanzine is ready" and they
replied "well, I'm afraid it wont be possible", two days ago, so I'm still
waiting to see what's happening). We have photos ready, but I know that's
not enough!!!

I had told Claire that if she didn't think she could handle the fanclub
anymore, I'd have to find someone else in the US to help me, but she seemed
to want to go on, but I'm confused now..................... and extremely
pissed off!

I'm doing my best to keep this fanclub going. I think of it every day (no
kidding), and trying to find ideas, etc. But 1) we get no help from the
record companies, and even less now, apparently 2) well, clearly, some
communication problems....

Also, I'm not sure I have all US member info, Alan mentionned a friend who
never got anything??? WHo is it? And Louise you said some of your friends
are still waiting, but that's in Europe, we're okay in Europe aren't we???
;/

I really do hope something happens....

Elfie