[Trash-talk] live bands and manners

starvin' at nette bowdowntoanette at hotmail.com
Sat May 10 20:35:59 PDT 2003

>and another thing, perhaps i am old fashioned or far too condescending for
>my age, but when the hell did "children" get so rude? im 17 and tonight i
>just witnessed a very embarrassing arguement between my friend and his
>mother. i was stunned. i wouldnt dare by so rude to my mum in front of
>someone else and i dont think i could even imagine swearing in front of her
>(and if you've heard me speakevery second word is fucking, its just
>natural!). but i mean, i know i sound so patronising but its your parents -
>they are special! dont they deserve respect? ah - i cant believe it. maybe
>i am the backward one because i seem to be the only person who doesnt swear
>in front of their parents and who doesnt have huge fights and i thought
>things *were* bad, but obviously not. i mean for my mum especially, i mean
>she gave birth to me and well, as a fully fledged femme i can say that
>would damn well hurt! be nice. :)

You're not the only one, honey. I'm 20 and I recently started cursing in
front of my parents. I've been cursing since I was about 8 years old, but
never ever wanted to do it in front of my parents. I sometimes (rarely, but
sometimes) slip and say a curseword and I feel really really horrible after
saying it. Plus my mum gives me a nasty look. The past couple of months I've
started cursing in front of them, but I still feel highly uncomfortable and
stop dead in the middle of the word. So yeah, never curse in front of your
parents.

@nette

"I can take you out with just a flick of my wrist[...]Bow down to me"
-Supervixen-

"And that's the end of that chapter..!"