[Trash-talk] live bands and manners

Shirley vixen cmonshirl at hotmail.com
Sat May 10 00:04:19 PDT 2003

wow.. im feeling terrible. my friend may just rang from from a jj72 concert
in belfast. i should be there..
they are my second favourite band and i love them (seen them four times).
but i knew i wouldnt be allowed so i didnt even try to go. its acoustic and
i thought that that may be boring as well. but listening to them over the
phone, i just felt so woah! and im feeling really bad. im so stupid! but we
live we learn. and the minute or two of brother sleep and some of oxygen was
lovely.

hmm another *wonderful* friend of mine (thank you so much - it really made
my day) rang me from a frou frou concert on wednesday. now that was such a
wonderful highlight of the week. i am a crazy frou frou fan and i didnt even
know they were in london until an hour before they came onstage. ive never
heard them live. and i answered my phone to the intro of my favourite song
hear me out, followed by maddening shroud and let go. 3 whole songs! im a
blessed kitten! :) so if you love live music like me then you'll understand
how wonderful it was to sing along while lying in my bed melting to the
sound of a beautiful womans voice, grinning and squealing excitedly as i
listened to the crowd. its a real buzz to listen over the phone i swear! i
need live music. damn my exams! 8 more weeks until i have freedom!

and another thing, perhaps i am old fashioned or far too condescending for
my age, but when the hell did "children" get so rude? im 17 and tonight i
just witnessed a very embarrassing arguement between my friend and his
mother. i was stunned. i wouldnt dare by so rude to my mum in front of
someone else and i dont think i could even imagine swearing in front of her
(and if you've heard me speakevery second word is fucking, its just
natural!). but i mean, i know i sound so patronising but its your parents -
they are special! dont they deserve respect? ah - i cant believe it. maybe i
am the backward one because i seem to be the only person who doesnt swear in
front of their parents and who doesnt have huge fights and i thought things
*were* bad, but obviously not. i mean for my mum especially, i mean she gave
birth to me and well, as a fully fledged femme i can say that would damn
well hurt! be nice. :)

okays - anyone else have any opinions on ANY of the above or am i just
talking shite again?

*********
I bit my tongue and stood in line with not much to believe in
I bought into what i was sold and ended up with nothing
**Garbage-Not My Idea**

And it wouldnt be wrong to sing this song to ones you love
I guess I love you (at least I hope I do)
**JJ72 - Glimmer**

AIM:paranoidsupervix
*********