[Trash-talk] oh great blame me!/more surveys

Alan Hoppe achoppe at earthlink.net
Wed May 7 01:00:53 PDT 2003

eep. i knew i'd forget somebody .. it's all been so overwhelming. i met
shannon (who coincidentally posted today, *after* i remembered, honest) and
this friend of hers, in portland and they saved me from being stranded
overnight in spooky portland alleyways. then they saved me a spot in line in
seattle the next day, but i was a million hours late and there was a huge
mob of fans there. and shannon's friend (it's driving me crazy, i cannot
remember his name, grr - is it jeff?) came and found me curled up in the
fetal position whimpering at the back, crying (having just told jessica on
the phone that there was a huge crowd) and he gave me a mini-pep-talk and it
was like 'you're not back here, you're up there! c'mon!' and it was all so
surreal. that day was crazy. both days were. trashers to the rescue! moments
later *wooosh* karin arrived .. and then lola zipper was there amongst the
throng of preconcert queue people with magic marker and poster in hand. and
then kittykristi from planet livejournal. seeing her in real life was
surreal and i reached a critical mass. i deflated to the ground and ate my
burger. and then eric and jen showed up .. from the wee posse of seatrash
mythology circa 1998!  it felt like several hours of domino moments toppling
one into the next, right up to the rope dropping and people having to
scramble down the Long Pathway of Doom (complete with big concrete blocks to
smash into in the frenzied race to the main doors) .. okay, sorry, flashback
session there.