[Trash-talk] political band?

Shell at The Garbage Fan Site shell.bryson at digitalharmony.co.uk
Thu Mar 20 08:09:01 PST 2003

Calm down :)  I was making a point; Who are you to say who can and cannot
have the right to an opinion? Put it this way; if you believe in something
strongly, shouldn't you have the right to use any means at your disposal to
get your opinion across?

I actually *do* find it a little disturbing when celebs use their power for
a political stance. There are lots of impressionable young people out there
and musicians aren't always the brightest of people or the most educated.
However, that doesn't mean they should shut up. If people are so poor
educated that they believe every word they hear their fave pop star utter,
or every word they read in the Sun news paper, or indeed see on CNN, then
that's a failure of our society. I'd much rather see a society that is
intelligent enough to 'protest' when it sees things are going wrong and to
stand up for their rights, rather than a society that is apathetic (and I
have to add to this, jaded).

Having said that, I believe Garbage are educated intelligent folk. Although
I wont have my opinions on war dictated by anyone, my personal opinions
co-inside with the bands.