[Trash-talk] shirley the ultimate queen - enough is never enough - dancing in the streets - loops stuck in my head - more random thoughts

Alan Hoppe achoppe at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 30 14:01:52 PDT 2003

Manson wrote:

> * At one point she started whistling something and
> said 'I'm going to have that in my fucking head all
> day now.'

y'know, i get stuff stuck in my head all the time. ( *bouncing* we're soul
mates! it's true .. haha .. stoppit alan, she's married .. grrr ..
heartbreak, sadness .. the looping sorrowfulness .. awwww shirrrrley ..
*sniff* )

i was listening to 'enough is never enough' (my favorite b-side of the bg
era) and the opening thing, where it all sort of just *takes off* was
reminding me of something - but what?? i couldn't figure it out. and then
just the other night i had a flash of the beginning of van halen's cover of
'dancing in the streets' and i realised - that's what it reminds me of. and
visa versa!

if i were a record-spinnin' dj i'd figure out a way to fuse those two songs
together or something. or cross little parts of each with one another.
create the van garbage street-dancin' megamix!

i would play the van halen song *right now* but unfortunately a seattle
trasher has my 'van halen greatest hits' cd in her 'celebrity skin' jewel
case. oh no! ( more looping sorrowfulness )

xo - alan