[Trash-talk] teeney-bopper fan-girls

Alan Hoppe achoppe at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 21 14:32:41 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "xshirleyxvixenx *~*" <shirleyvixen at hotmail.com>

> coming to think of it, what even constitutes a teeny-bopper fan girl? i
> wouldnt necessarily consider people coming to gigs just cos of shirley,
> teeny boppers.

teeny boppers is a generic term much like the term pop. it means so many
things .. it can be a total generality to just mean 'underage chicks who go
to shows and read teen beat and cosmo girl'.

and it's a seperate issue from the one about 'going to see the band because
of shirley'. that's more of the whole 'shirleymania' thing going on. it
started out as butch's band (hype and buzz-wise) and then morphed into
absolute shirleymania! (weeeeee)

so of course, some people will take this all and turn it into 'garbage fans
who go to their concerts are just a bunch of teenyboppers who are there to
see shirley' ... but that's so much of a generality it's just retarded. and
i'm with bill - i'd much rather have teenybopper girls there at a garbage
show than a bunch of biker dudes who pummel me out of my spot.

and that's the end of the chapter!
xo.......alan

ps : i'm biased because, of course, i'm totally in touch with my inner
teenybopper self! it's like a mystical zenlike mode of cosmic bopdom.