[Trash-talk] Warner vs Universal

Michele vr5sbloom at aol.com
Wed Jun 18 08:20:00 PDT 2003

So something that's been bugging me...the Mushroom site (er...really
just its frontpage, the rest is still there) is gone now, and they're
owned by Warner. In the US, Garbage's label is Universal.

Conflict?! or no? What do you guys think will happen? Disclaimer: I mean
rampant speculation, not, you know, "this that and all and then it
somehow becomes a rumor and then absolute certainty" although watch that
happen.

I think back in the day we were worried the b-sides collection would
come out only in the UK...now I'm wondering if there's not even any
chance of that anymore.

I think we're screwed for singles, but who knows, maybe Warner will
promote 'em well. They totally screwed up Tori Amos's last UK single
though, and her fan base usually loves collecting singles...

Am I being doom and gloom for no reason? Has this been hashed out
somewhere else yet? Here and I missed it? ;P

--Michele