[Trash-talk] abandoned pools opinion on Garbage and their audience

blisteringheat blisteringheat at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 17 14:29:36 PDT 2003

>It was low of him
> to attack fans, especially when a lot of them became fans of AP.  The
irony
> I find is that when I've talked to people who went to that tour they all
> tend to say that they liked AP live but thought their (his) album was too
> mellow and dull.

I went out and bought their crappy album because I liked their live sound
so much. Yes, it was both mellow and dull. It didn't even sound like the
same band (and it wasn't!). I also seem to recall at one of the shows he
made some comment about everyone being into Leah and being a bit snotty
about it. Anyone remember that? I'm thinking Portland or SF maybe. It has
always bugged me a bit that Garbage is so reliant on technology on stage,
but that's because I basically like plain old stripped down rock and roll.
But to compare them to Milli Vanilli is both ludicrous and insulting (to
the band and its fans).

pongo

when did i get perverted
i can't remember your name
i'm growing introverted
you touch my hand but it's not the same...