[Trash-talk] where is everyone?

Alan Hoppe achoppe at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 11 08:33:16 PDT 2003

abbey wrote:

"i miss you when you're goooone..."

"i feel far away from you. so what else is new?
the moon is closer to the sun than i am to anyone..."

abbey abbey abbey!

i'm around but spent the past week fluttering about hither and thither.
unable to take time to post anything, i just skimmed through trash-talk
messages when time allowed, and agonized over not being able to bombard the
list with my usual off-topic shenanigans. this led me to long stretches of
roadway away from my computer, with insane urges to post tons of messages.
but no time!!!

however, if i WERE to post tons of messages, i think that the lack of some
exciting new garbage news would prompt me to create fictional news stories
.. but after that abba fiasco a few years back, maybe that wouldn't be such
a good idea! (IE saying that garbage's next b-side was a cover of 'dancing
queen' which made at least one closet abba fan on the list very upset when
it was discovered that this song was fictional) *haha*

it's nice to read some pongo concert reviews in the downtime! i just wish
claire would pop up and save the day with her usual blend of garbage data
findings and misuse of spellcheck. it's just not the same .. someone rescue
claire from the evil boarding school mutants!!!

in the meantime i will continue lurking and hopefully get time to make
everyone sick of me once again when i can write new stories and endlessly
pine for a 3 AM rapture of shirley manson, pancakes, and watching the
sunrise from a diner out in some little hickey town. save me shirley! i
promise not to try to hold your hand under the table!

xoxoxo,
alan