[Trash-talk] into the g..groove

Wilson E King garbagebase at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 6 15:48:36 PDT 2003

MTV Europe music awards performance of Stupid Girl, Nov 1996.

I had heard OHWIR on the radio a bunch that summer, and thought it was
a pretty cool song, but somehow never figured out who Garbage was...

Then, watching MTV one night, the infamous "nipple shot" performance of
Stupid Girl!  I was already really digging the performance, then at the
end there got a little bonus, a free peek at the "rosebud"....

Next day went out and bought the album, and started listening to it
nonstop! A couple weeks later went to 2 Smashing Pumpkins shows just to
see garbage open for them... and even talked to Shirley after the show
one of the nights!

I then started collecting tapes, and realized there was no online
receptacle of setlists or anything like that, and decided to take it
upon myself to create one.  It eventually became GarbageBase!

I love Garbage!  And I still have a big crush on Shirley.

Wilson

--- xshirleyxvixenx *~* <shirleyvixen at hotmail.com> wrote:
> so how did you get into garbage?
>
> yeah its been asked a million times but hopefully it shall spark
> debate.
>
> lou
> xx

=====