[Trash-talk] fun online g thingie

Frank T. Rambøl Frank T. Rambøl
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:58:52 +0100

> that's what i've heard :)

The books are great.

> but now i'm afraid to read the book - because the movie is soooooo long and
> there is so much running around. the book will make me so tired! all that
> running.

Well, the books have a slower pace. That is maybe one of the aspects
the movie hasn't managed to tell. The whole journey took about one
year but in the movies it looks like they have only been traveling for
a few weeks.

> aren't there about 8 books? yikes! that would be a total marathon!

Only 3 books in the LOTR-series, but you also have The Hobbit, which
is well worth a read and much easier to read as it was meant for
children.
If you like you could also try to read Silmarillion, but that is quite
heavy, but will give you more insight into Tolkiens world.

Frank
--
Name   : Frank T. Rambøl
e-mail : frank@d-fect.com