[Trash-talk] charlie's angels sequel - g song?

Alan Hoppe achoppe@earthlink.net
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 21:34:13 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: blisteringheat <blisteringheat@earthlink.net>

> Damn, if they were asked to do something for David Lynch it would be
> fantastic. You know what song off of BG that I think would have fit in
> really nicely with a David Lynch film, though I hated it on the album?
> Can't Cry These Tears! It's got that late 50s - early 60s style of music
> that Lynch loves, yet with that underlying bit of darkness.

One of my favorite moments in BG is in that song - when the synth is there
and Shirley is talk-singing the words "it's time to settle the score". Then
it goes into that wacky solo break in the tune and it's all structured and
.. it's just such a departure for the band. But that vocal part I was
mentioning .. I always thought of it as the underlying Shirley-darkness that
is at work in a song that has all the happy bells on its surface. It would
all work really well in a surrealistic movie sequence, and something along
the lines of David Lynch would be a dream come true for a weirdo like me.
And you. Yes, you.

It does fit .. it's not really something you'd compare to one of the Julie
Cruise songs, but in a way there are comparisons you could make. Sounding
like a period piece .. female vocals ..

~Alan