[Trash-talk] TTB investigation AND the word of the Supervixen...

Alan Hoppe achoppe@earthlink.net
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 11:25:27 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: Rees, Emma <EREES@randomhouse.co.uk>

> So glad you liked this...! On New Years Eve, I bumped into a bloke who
used
> to be in my class at school, and thought 'aha, next victim!!!' (no, next
> person to be enlightened!!! :-) and started talking to him about the whole
> Supervixen issue...me and a friend had decided earlier on that 2003 was
> going to be the year of the Supervixen, and so i was keen to start it as
> soon as possible. I THINK I made him understand anyway!!!

yes, the supervixen spell has been cast! it will now follow him forever
until he understands its true meaning and bows down to it.

sometimes i walk down the street and feel a bit on edge but then i remember
.. i am a SUPERVIXEN and then the groove factor returns and i am invincible!
ha ha. thank you shirley!

btw, the closest my random house dictionary comes to 'supervixen' is
'supervisor' so .. it needs to be added by the webster people! in the
meantime, it does have 'superwoman' and 'superman'.

superwoman: 1. a woman of extraordinary or superhuman powers. 2. a woman who
copes successfully with the simultaneous demands of a career, marriage, and
motherhood.
superman: 1. a person of extraordinary or superhuman powers. 2. an ideal
superior being conceived by Nietzsche as attaining happiness and dominance
through creativity and integrity.

super: lol, the first definition .. 1. a superintendent, esp. of an
apartment house. 2. a supernumerary. wtf? 3. a supervisor. great, now we're
at work. 4. an article of a superior quality, grade, size, etc. - sounds
like a certain pink feather boa worn by a certain supervixen but anyway 5.
(lol - in beekeeping) the portion of the hive in which honey is stored.
ohhhh but those are all the NOUN definitions. here we go - adjectives. 6. of
the highest degree, power, etc: *a supercouncil* 7. of an extreme or
excessive degree: *super haste* 8. very good; first rate; excellent.
'super' is a prefix occuring orig. in loanwords from Latin, with the basic
meaning 'above, beyond'. words formed with 'super-' have the following
general senses: 'to place or be placed above or over', 'a thing placed over
another' (oooh oh no random dirty thoughts), 'situated over' (stop it stop
it), and, more figuritively, 'an individual, thing, or property that exceeds
customary norms or levels' ... <snip> and then it goes on and on and on.

vixen: 1. a female fox. 2. an ill-tempered or quarrelsome woman (all hail
the queen! lol). 3. oh no .. there is no 3. but it says there are other
forms, oh neat. 'supervixenish' and 'supervixenly'.

i'm a little lost on the whole vixen thing now, because the webster people
really dropped the ball on the whole vixen definition, imho. but i'll go
with 'an unstoppable extremely foxy dyna-woman who is not to be messed
with'. howzat? dyna-woman is my own thing, my word. i used to call someone
in high school that - before shirley taught me about supervixens. there was
the dyna-woman and her pal the *electric woman!* (always shouted loudly with
total enthusiasm, which she liked but didn't know what 'electric woman'
meant and so it eventually made her crazy. i don't know what it means either
and there isn't a definition for it by webster, oh no)

> >Yeah, her persona and fighting spirit are what have kept me going a lot
> >of
> >the time - not so much the supervixen part (since I'm male) but the
> >total
> >wild exuberance of Shirley (sometimes) really gets me up and running if
> >I'm
> >down .. if I'm playing an interview or something especially.
>
> I know exactly what you mean...it's a case of thinking well, what would
> Shirley say at this point??? and realising that half the time it's not
that
> big a deal, and she'd stand up to whoever it was that was upsetting you,
or
> whatever the annoying situation was...YAY Shirley!!!

yeah, so the essence of supervixendom was in the message so far - hooray! i
like that you brought up 'what would shirley say?' and how it's not that big
a deal. one thing on TT that's always cracked me up is when people point out
shirley's contradictions ( *waves at pongo* hehe ) and it's like .. yeah,
but we all do that, she just doesn't give a damn that she does it and does
it loudly often. the important thing is standing up for your own brain, your
impulses and your drive and spirit. weeeeeeeeee. go shirley go all
supervixens of the intergalactic confederation of planets! and all of this
off of only five sips of coffee. today is starting off well.

yay shirley!