[Trash-talk] NORWAY! (was: Daniel)

Alan Hoppe achoppe at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 25 16:32:03 PST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anette *Starvin Marvin*" <bowdowntoanette at hotmail.com>

> >I am *soooooooooooooooooooo* very sorry
> I forgive you.

*whew* I was afraid that the Denmark comment caused you to .. how did you
put it? .. "snap like a twig"?!

> >When we go dancing I say we both dress up like our favorite Shirley
> >Incarnation .. I'm doing the OHWIR Shirley .. we can have a push up
contest
> >to prep ourselves for the dance floor of NORWAYYY.
> Ooooooooh, I want to do the Androgyny style!! I'm sorry if I offend
anyone,
> but in my humble opinion it is the BEST style she's ever had!!

That was an interesting look for Shirley, I thought, and it was so very
different from what we'd come to envision her as looking like. I enjoyed her
look then and especially liked it when NYLON magazine did that photo spread.
The profile image they used of her on the first page of that was stunning.
So do you equate the "Androgyny style" as including her white tank top and
black suspenders? And black fingerless gloves? You would look pretty cool
moonwalking in that outfit.

> During the
> >headlining tour last summer, I think it was when they went into Hammering
> >In
> >My Head that Shirley was just ALL OVER THE PLACE and I was going JESUS
> >CHRIST!
> Yep, intro to Hammering, the BEST live song! I took some pictures of her
> doing push-ups, one of them turned out fantastic! I showed Butch and he
got
> really excited and asked if he could have it on which he continiued to say
> "she'll get a kick out of this". He got some of my photos and showed them
> Shirley. He said she loved them.

That's the sort of interminglement with the band that would make me wet
myself. That's really great.

> >Arms extended, doing rapid forward-rotations in sync with one another,
and
> >it looks like she's a kid on a playground pretending they are an
airplane.
> Oh, I see... That's what we used to do when we warmed up for gymnastics..
> used to do gymnastics until I broke my ancle. Meh, I wasn't any good
> anyway..

Yeah, it's kind of a "limbering up" sort of move.

> >Someone correct me if I described that incorrectly. It is possibly the
> >COOLEST Shirley Move EVERR.
> Nooooo, I like the....... I have no idea what to call the move, but it's
> when she lifts one leg like a peeing dog and then spins around, haha!! I
> think that's the coolest.

LOL! Well one thing, since we're on the subject, that I love is when she
*boomp* just decides to fall to the stage floor. David Byrne kinda does that
in one part of the Stop Making Sense movie / live show (during "Life During
Wartime") and it always makes me think of that when she does it. She did
that in her tutu at the last show I saw and I just thought it was the most
fun Shirley Visual ever.

> >When I discovered alcohol, I discovered my karaoke skills.
> Haha!!! I've done karaoke once and I highly enjoyed it even tho we had to
> almost hide in order to sing (amateur hillbilly style, oh yeah, you know
you
> love it!)...

Norwegian hillbillies!  That sounds like fun.

> >you've won DANCE CONTESTS???!!!?? Aww. You just need to get out there.
Your
> >skills await their re-awakening,
> >you haven't forgotten them, the moves are still there I'm sure.
> At least one of us is positive..!

Maybe you need a Yoda-like character to woo and ween your dancing magic back
into being. Someone to pester you endlessly with cosmic guidance. A
Shirley-like protoge. Or perhaps you prefer a Patrick-Swayze-like hunky Yoda
.. who dramatically *doon doon* enters the dance and takes your hand,
exclaiming "nobody puts @nette in the corner!!" as you rise to your feet and
all of your confidence returns and amazing choreography follows!

> >stayin alive playing
> >over the PA
> Oh god, no, you'd have to kill me first!! I am SO SICK of that song!

It was used more for comic effect in the brief fantasy sequence. Kinda like
in the movie "Airplane" where song plays and all the barflies start dancing.
Most of the imagery in my deranged mind translates awkwardly into trash-talk
messages.

Thanks for writing back - you are really fun to mingle with here. I hope
nobody minds.

xxoo,
Alan