[Trash-talk] Daniel

Bill Shaw Bill.Shaw at hds.com
Tue Feb 25 13:58:47 PST 2003

According to virtually any and all press Garbage ever got in the last 8
years, Daniel was never in the band in the first place!  He isn't in *any*
promo photos of the band (that I am aware of), and is rarely even mentioned
in any newspaper or magazine articles about the band.  It's always the same
thing: "Scottish singer Shirley Manson, and her 3 Wisconsin band mates Butch
Vig, Steve Marker, and Duke Erikson...."

As far as the live touring band is concerned, yes we all know Daniel was an
integral part. But as far as the mainstream press, even the record company
itself, Daniel was ignored and never recognized as a proper member of the
band.

I don't blame him for leaving.  I'm sure it was fun for him, but must've
been frustrating to some degree as well.  He spent years of his life touring
with Garbage, but never really got proper recognition for it.  Time to move
on...

GArbage Base