[Trash-talk] NORWAY! (was: Daniel)

Alan Hoppe achoppe at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 25 13:15:46 PST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anette *Starvin Marvin*" <bowdowntoanette at hotmail.com>

> >If I come to Denmark or you come to the USA
> I am offended, I am truly offended!! How would you like it if I said you
> were from....say...CANADA??? You'd be offended too..! I'm not as offended
as
> I would be if you'd said Sweden, but I AM offended! I'm from NORWAY, make
> note of that, N-O-R-W-A-Y!!!

I am *soooooooooooooooooooo* very sorry - my brain was disconnected ALL DAY
yesterday .. I didn't mean to screw up on the geography! I knew you were
from Norway - esp. since we were talking about Norwegians just recently ..
which, BTW, my mom is 50 percent .. haha .. she grew up hearing Norwegian
jokes all the time, so I was cracking up at the whole "Norwegians are
stoopid" comments.

!!!

I'll not go to Denmark to seek out my beloved TT dance partner, no no.

> >I also am doing the Shirley Propeller move a lot.
> Propeller move? What move is that? I can do most Shirley movements pretty
> well, the stretching as well. The only thing I can't do is the
> push-ups...... *lol* I'm working on it, I'm working on it!!! After a
couple
> of aerobics classes I was able to do one push-up, but I've stopped going
for
> some reason..... Guess I just got too lazy.

When we go dancing I say we both dress up like our favorite Shirley
Incarnation .. I'm doing the OHWIR Shirley .. we can have a push up contest
to prep ourselves for the dance floor of NORWAYYY.

Nobody can match up to Shirley's incredible push-ups. My god. During the
headlining tour last summer, I think it was when they went into Hammering In
My Head that Shirley was just ALL OVER THE PLACE and I was going JESUS
CHRIST! at her energy and insane aerobics. It might've been that song that
she did the Propeller Dance in .. though it's not so much a *dance* as it is
a MOVE.

Arms extended, doing rapid forward-rotations in sync with one another, and
it looks like she's a kid on a playground pretending they are an airplane.
Haha.

Someone correct me if I described that incorrectly. It is possibly the
COOLEST Shirley Move EVERR.

> >I can show you.
> No, my friend... I will show YOU. *lol*

Bring it ON! *haha*

> >we should go dancing together.
> Yeah, I wish I could still move as well as I once could... I've won
several
> contests, but after I discovered the pleasures of alcohol I lost my
dancing
> skills.

When I discovered alcohol, I discovered my karaoke skills. Waitaminute ..
you've won DANCE CONTESTS???!!!?? Yikes .. now I'm afraid to go out on the
dance floor with you - I'm a dorky dancer, I'd be overwhelmed and
self-conscious. No wait - the Propeller Move would guide me. We can do it!
Aww. You just need to get out there. Your skills await their re-awakening,
you haven't forgotten them, the moves are still there I'm sure.

> I haven't tried it in years, but I'm pretty sure I can still do the
> moonwalk. I used to study Michael Jacksons dance moves, I was totally
> facinated by him when I was younger. I could dance like him pretty well..!
> Watching and learning. After him and Janet, Shirley and Danny was no
match.
> I could do it the first time I tried. *lol* Feeling smug? Just a bit....
;)
> Haha!

If you can do the moonwalk I'm extremely impressed. I always wanted to learn
how to do that but never knew anyone who could show me. I have always had a
fascination with it. And if someone starts locking & popping or spinning
around on a piece of cardboard, I'm frozen in my tracks in fascination.

*picturing @nette in the center of the dance floor, stayin alive playing
over the PA in the sweltering miami heat of the night, a huge plethora of
crazed dancefloor onlookers gathered around her as she puts on a dance
CLINIC!*

Shirley and Danny are just in different dance arenas, I guess. But they have
their own unique and individual stage mojos that are unrivaled by anyone.

> @nette

- at lan-