[Trash-talk] about the ramones tribute

. Karin . qkarinb at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 15 09:36:57 PST 2003

the first ramones concert i went to was back in the day and social
distortion was opening for them at the paramount. it was reserved seating
but no one was in their seat and all it took was about 2 seconds for people
to rush the stage.
joey would begin a song by saying quickly...
1,2,3,4
and wham!!!!!! thrust into the energy head first.
my god it was wonderful.
this was when the mosh pit was in its infancy.

as they got older, their music didnt change nor did their energy.
they would play 7, 8, 9 songs straight with just 1,2,3,4 as the breather
inbetween each.
i loved it.

occasionally they would speak to the audience but they were there to play
and play they did. loudly and with so much enthusiasm you couldnt help but
get caught up in it.

the last time i saw the ramones was another small gig and the boys looked
older but not tired. they pounded the music like a naughty school boy and
made the audience leap and bounce and bop to every note.

yes, i will miss joey. yes i will miss seeing them live.
but i have their cd's to remind me and those kick arse memories of being
lucky enough to have seen them live 3 times...
i will also have the tribute albums such as this one to keep me going.
i look forward to hearing it, and i think its wonderful that musicians i
admire today also liked/loved the ramones.

so to end...i will quote the words written on the back of my fave ramones
tee :

Hey
Ho
LETS GO!!!!!

Karin

>I bought it yesterday and it's pretty damn good! I also noticed a few
>little things about it.
*Out of all the 16 artists/bands that appear, Shirley and Chrissie Hynde are
the only females(unless you want to count Marilyn Manson as one...*lol*)
*Garbage are listed under Interscope Records, what happened to Shirley
appearing curtesy of Radioactive??
*On IJWHSTD Beth Halper is named for additional backing vocals, isn't that
Butch's girlfriend/fiancé?<