[Trash-talk] Virus warning

Baz AngelicTrash at virbius.net
Wed Aug 13 15:52:42 PDT 2003

Hey everyone! Just to warn you all about the w32.blaster.worm virus that is spreading like wild fire. I was fixing a mates computer because his modem wasn't working. As soon as I got the modem working and connected to the internet the computer was hit by the virus within 5 minutes. The virus affects Winodws 2000, Windows XP and Windows NT 4. There is a patch at microsoft now so go download it using windows update if you haven't done already. If you get infected by the virus then it will cause your computer to reboot every time you connect to the internet making itt impossible to download the patch so DO IT NOW! This virus does not pread by email like a normal virus, it exploits a backdoor in windows to install and execute the virus without you even knowing.. you just have to be connected to the internet.

For more info see Symatec's virus encyclopedia at http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.html

for a news report check http://sify.com/news/internet/fullstory.php?id=13224427

Stay safe kids!
Baz