[Trash-talk] oddball butch vig photo ( the love book )

Alan Hoppe achoppe@earthlink.net
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 21:47:31 -0800

i was at my brother's place today and it was like xmas came early! first, he
had a gift for me - a magazine called 'hip mama - the parenting zine'
because it has an interview with one of my favorites, NINA HAGEN ! and it
has *pictures* ! ( and  of course since it's a parenting magazine, they ask
her lots of questions about parenting ) god, i'm so out of the loop on that
woman. her daughter, cosma shiva, is now a 'famous actress in germany'. oh
neat. perhaps marta has seen some of her films. i wonder if she's billed as
'cosma shiva hagen'?

anyway ... then, after reading all about nina and family, i saw a book on
his table that was called 'the love book' and it's basically this book done
by a photographer dude named robert rosenheck .. who was lovesick and
searching and came upon a kooky hand-cut plywood painted sign that said
'LOVE' in bright red and yellow - a relic from the '60s he found in a
25-cent bin at a thrift store. he was then led on a cosmic journey around
the US having lots of different people, celebrity and non-celebrity, pose
with the sign. and he took their pictures. and it took four years. and the
book is awesome! lots of people .. i was looking through it .. and came
across one that was - omg -

butch vig and kim gordon! in new york! and butch .. god it's a great photo.
the book was printed in 1995 and it's definately butch from pre-garbage
days, or minutes.

i'll scan it and post it on xmas when i can get back to a computer. i hope
everyone has a lovely lovely end of the year 2002. i'm pooped and ready for
a new year.

love,
alan