[Introspective] Final results of poll on songs preferred by other artists rather than by PSB

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Sep 21 21:42:45 PDT 2019

The final results are in for my poll of the past two weeks, in which I
asked my site visitors to pick from a selection of Tennant-Lowe songs --
the ones released by other artists before they released their own
renditions -- those that they prefer as performed by those other artists
as opposed to the versions by the Pet Shop Boys themselves. And the song
that received the most votes -- in fact, the *only* one picked by a
majority of the voters -- was:

* "Nothing Has Been Proved" by Dusty Springfield, which 50.4% of the
voters preferred by her as opposed to by the Pet Shop Boys.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" options in the top navigation bar, or click the appropriate
link on my "What's New?" page.

For the next two weeks, I will run my latest "Ratings Project" survey,
which also happens to be my 900th poll. I've listed the five most
recently released Tennant-Lowe songs, the new ones from the one-woman
cabaret show "Musik," as well as the Pet Shop Boys' new single in
collaboration with Years & Years, "Dreamland." As usual, I'm asking you
rate each of them on a scale of 0 to 10 as they compare with all other
PSB songs—not with tracks by other artists. For instance, 0 would mean
you feel it's one of their all-time worst songs, 5 would mean you
consider it "average" for them, and 10 means you regard it as one of
their all-time best. And there are "Abstain" options for those of you
who don't feel able to rate any particular songs. So please mull this
over and make your choices right there on my home page. No rush! --
after all, you have two weeks!

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in the previous survey!
And I hope you all have a great two weeks ahead!