[Introspective] Final results of poll on three favorite songs from the PSB "Actually era"

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Aug 24 21:54:14 PDT 2019

The final results are in for my poll of the past two weeks, in which I
asked my site visitors to choose their three favorite songs from the Pet
Shop Boys' "Actually era." And the three songs that received the most
votes are:

* "It's a Sin," picked by 43.2% of the voters,
* "King's Cross," selected by 40.2%, and
* "Always on My Mind," chosen by 31.1%.

Actually, over the past week there was a neck-and-neck battle between
"Always on My Mind" and "What Have I Done to Deserve This?" for third
place, with the latter song taking the lead on several occasions. But
over the past 24 hours or so, AOMM regained the third-place position and
held on to the end. At any rate, to see the complete results, please
visit my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and
select one of the "Past Survey Results" options from the top navigation
bar or click the appropriate link on my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the next two weeks asks your general, overall opinion of
the songs -- especially the four new ones -- from "Musik," the Pet Shop
Boys' new collaboration with Frances Barber and Jonathan Harvey. Please
take a few moments to consider the various options I've listed right
there on my home page and make your choice. And, rest assured, I'll be
giving you a chance later on to rate each song individually sometime
soon, once we've all had a chance to "digest" them a little more. This
poll is just an early *collective* assessment.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in my previous survey! And
I hope you all have a superb two weeks ahead!