[Introspective] Final results of poll on two questions about the inevitable final PSB album

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Sep 22 21:14:58 PDT 2018

The final results are in for my poll of the past two weeks, in which I
asked my site visitors two questions about the inevitable (but hopefully
not yet impending) final Pet Shop Boys studio album. First, in response
to my question, "Would you prefer the final song on the final PSB studio
album to be an uptempo 'stomper' or a quieter, more contemplative
track?" the top vote-getter was:

* "I would prefer an uptempo 'stomper' to be the final track on the
final PSB album," chosen by 53.5% of the voters.

And, in response to my second question, "Would you prefer knowing in
advance that the final PSB studio album is indeed their final album, or
would you prefer discovering that only in hindsight, perhaps years
later, as it becomes apparent that it had indeed been the last one?" the
most votes went to:

* "I would prefer knowing in advance that the final PSB album is indeed
the final PSB album," picked by 52.8% of the voters.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" options from the top navigation bar or click the appropriate
link on my "What's New?" page.

My new survey for the next two weeks is inspired by the fact that this
coming Thursday (September 27) marks the silver (25th) anniversary of
the release of the Pet Shop Boys' album "Very." It's no secret that
"Very" is my own personal choice as their best album, but I'm wondering
what *you* think of it after all these years. Do you also consider it
their all-time greatest studio album? Their worst? Or something
in-between? So please mull this over and, when you're ready, make your
choice from the options provided right there on my home page.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in my previous survey! And
I wish you all a delightful two weeks ahead!