[Introspective] Final results of poll comparing PSB singles and their videos

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Nov 10 21:34:47 PST 2018

The final results are in for my poll of the past week, in which I asked
my site visitors to pick two Pet Shop Boys singles: (1) the one for
which the song is the "most better" than its music video, and (2) the
one in which the video is the "most better" than the song. And the
single/video combos that received the most votes are:

* "Left to My Own Devices," picked by 23.2% of the voters as the PSB
single that is the "most better" than its video, and

* "I'm with Stupid," chosen by 7.9% of the voters as the video that is
the "most better" than the song itself.

Quite a difference there, with the results far more "spread out," so to
speak, for the latter than the former. At any rate, if you would like to
see the complete, detailed results, please visit my "Commentary" site at
http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" options in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link
on my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the week ahead is conceptually much simpler than that
one. I've listed the PSB collaborations (with some slight "adjustments")
that the Boys themselves have listed on their official website (at
http://petshopboys.co.uk/product#collaboration), and I'm asking you to
pick the one that you would *most* like to hear them perform live in
concert. (Hence, ones that they've already performed live on tour or
during one of their occasional "residencies" are omitted.) So please
take a few moments to check out the songs I've listed right there on my
home page and make your choice. And thanks to John McFadden for
suggesting this question!

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope
you all have a terrific week ahead!