[Introspective] Pet Shop Boys in Burberry Ad

Don Ackerman the.ackermans at juno.com
Sat Apr 7 22:08:19 PDT 2018

Pet Shop Boys in Burberry ad. Somehow I missed this before and found tonight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=15&v=R3UGSxMehA0

PSB forever,
Don

Best of British! Cara Delevingne and Matt Smith star in VERY festive Burberry campaign set to a retro Pet Shop Boys soundtrack (and the supermodel even shows off her singing skills)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5039111/Cara-Delevingne-Matt-Smith-star-Burberry-advert.html

Brit stars Cara Delevingne and Matt Smith have teamed up for a Christmassy fashion campaign for Burberry as the fashion world gears up for the festive season.

The 25-year-old supermodel, who has worked with the label since 2010, showcases her edgy new pixie cut in the images which have been shot by British photographer Alasdair McLellan.

The stunning snaps are accompanied by a 30-second video of Doctor Who star Matt and Cara, set to a soundtrack of Always On My Mind, the 1988 hit from Pet Shop Boys, which was also captured by McLellan.

The campaign, which was announced on Cara’s Instagram page on Wednesday morning, celebrates 'the British character and charm of Burberry’s new collection', which debuts in store and online today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=15&v=R3UGSxMehA0
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5039111/Cara-Delevingne-Matt-Smith-star-Burberry-advert.html

Speaking about her latest starring role, Cara gushed: ‘I am so proud to share this new shoot I did with Alasdair McLellan and Matt Smith.

'Thank you to the creative genius and my dear friend Christopher Bailey for involving me in this and all the incredible projects over the years.

'It has been and always will be a joy to work with you and the Burberry family.’

Delevingne was propelled to fame after being scouted by Bailey in 2010 while working for a fashion website.

The new collection, available in store and online from Tuesday, includes chunky knits, scarves, bags, and their signature trench coats.

It is described by the British fashion house as 'a clash of fabric, pattern and colour'.

Smith, 35, said: ‘Burberry has always been a brand that I have admired. From the football stands to the macs on the runway.

'The chance to work with Christopher, who with his design and vision, has contributed so much to a brilliant British brand and indeed left a footprint not only on fashion but British culture itself, is a huge privilege.

'Working with both Alasdair McLellan and Cara Delevingne, two fashion and creative heavyweights, was also very appealing, and made partnering for this campaign an easy choice for me.’