[Introspective] Final results of survey on PSB tribute bands

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Apr 7 22:04:19 PDT 2018

The final results are in for my survey of the past week, in which I
asked several questions on the subject of Pet Shop Boys tribute bands.
And the majority/plurality responses to each question were:

1. Have you ever seen a Pet Shop Boys tribute band?

* "No, I've never seen a PSB tribute band either 'live' or on video,"
picked by 68.0% of the voters.

2. If so, do you think they were good at paying tribute to PSB?

* "Not applicable - I've never seen a PSB tribute band," picked by 63.8%

3. With which of the following statements do you agree with regard to
PSB tribute bands?

* "There's no 'should' about it when it comes to patronizing a PSB
tribute band. Fans should do whatever they want to," chosen by 87.1%, and

* "A PSB tribute band should 'mix it up," performing some songs as much
as possible like PSB, but also throwing in something new and different
at times," selected by 39.5%.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link on my
"What's New?" page.

My new poll for the week ahead is conceptually much simpler than last
week's. In the past, when I've asked my site visitors about their
favorite PSB albums in general, the votes have leaned heavily toward
those released during the first half of their career, and especially
toward the first decade. But what if we remove those earlier albums from
consideration? What happens when votes that would ordinarily have gone
toward earlier albums are "diverted" to later albums? So this week I'm
asking you to pick your favorite post-millennial PSB studio album. In
other words, if you could only choose from those released since the year
2000, which one would you pick? Thanks so much to Peter Sylvén for
suggesting this intriguing question!

And thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! I hope you all
have a wonderful week ahead!