[Introspective] Final results of poll on the most "seasonal" PSB albums

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Sep 9 21:38:09 PDT 2017

The final results are in for my poll of the past two weeks, in which I
asked my site visitors to choose the most "seasonal" Pet Shop Boys
albums. And the albums that received the most votes for each season of
the year were:

* "Bilingual," chosen by 51.8% of the voters as the "most summery";
* "Behaviour," picked by 51.3% as the "most autumnal";
* "Behaviour," picked by 22.6% as the "most wintry"; and
* "Very," selected by 28.7% as the "most vernal (spring-like)."

To look at the results another way, here are the seasons chosen by the
largest number of voters per album:

* "Most summery" - Introspective, Bilingual, and Electric;
* "Most autumnal" - Behaviour;
* "Most wintry" - Nightlife, Release, Fundamental, and Elysium;
* "Most vernal" - Please, Actually, Very, Yes, and Super.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" options from the top navigation bar or click the appropriate
link on my "What's New?" page.

My new survey for the week ahead -- yes, I'm now returning to my
traditional weekly schedule -- is my latest "Rating Project" poll, in
which I ask you to rate a set of Pet Shop Boys songs on a scale of 0 to
10 according to how you feel they each compare with all other PSB songs
(not songs by other artists), with 0 meaning "One of the very worst PSB
songs ever," 5 meaning "Average for PSB," and 10 meaning "One of the
very best PSB songs ever." This time around I'd like for you to rate the
previously "unrated" songs that were released on the Further Listening
discs accompanying the recent reissues of "Nightlife," "Release," and
"Fundamental." So please register your ratings for these songs right
there on my home page.

Thanks to everyone who voted in my previous survey! I hope the week
ahead rates as one of your very best! And if you're one of the millions
in the path of Hurricane Irma (and are even able to read this right
now), please do everything you can to stay safe! Our thoughts are with you!