[Introspective] Final results of poll on PSB album causing most "cognitive dissonance"

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Jul 29 22:05:31 PDT 2017

The final results are in for my poll of the past two weeks, in which I
asked my site visitors to choose the Pet Shop Boys album that caused
them the greatest "cognitive dissonance" or something like it -- in
other words, the one that inspired the most contradictory beliefs or
feelings, and/or which most frustrated their expectations. And the album
that received the most votes was:

* "Release," picked by 24.8% of the voters.

To see the the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at
http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" options in the top navigation bar or click th appropriate link
on my "What's New?" page.

It's much too soon for me to ask you to rate the previously unreleased
but now newly released tracks on the recent round of album reissues. I'm
going to hold off on that for at least two weeks, and perhaps four, to
give you all time to hear them and to form good, solid opinions.
Instead, my new poll for the next two weeks asks you to imagine an
"alternate universe best-of album" consisting of 18 songs, evenly
divided across the Boys' career from album to album (no more than one
song from each disc), that were**not** released as singles but which
nevertheless exemplify, in your opinion, PSB at their musical best.
Which 18 songs would you choose? A daunting task, to be sure, but I hope
a very enjoyable one. So please mull this over and make your choices
right there on my home page.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in my previous survey! And
I hope you all have a great two weeks ahead!