[Introspective] Final results of final run-off of PSB songs you'd most like to hear them perform live

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Dec 2 22:13:44 PST 2017

The final results are in for my poll of the past week, a "run-off" in
which I asked my site visitors to choose (from the songs that had
received the most votes in my previous three surveys on this theme) the
three Pet Shop Boys songs previously not performed live in concert that
they would most like to hear them perform live. And the three songs that
received the largest number of votes were:

* "I Want to Wake Up," picked by 28.7% of the voters,
* "The Resurrectionist," chosen by 24.5%, and
* "Miserablism," selected by 23.9%.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" options in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link
on my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the week ahead is most unusual for me. You see, I
normally ask your opinion about something that doesn't have any "right"
or "wrong" answer; it's strictly a matter of personal viewpoint or
"personal truth." But in this case there *is* an objective truth -- we
just don't know for sure what it is. One of my regular site visitors
recently observed that, at least to his ears, it sounds as if the second
time the word "Happiness" is spelled out in the PSB song of that title,
it's not Neil doing the spelling but rather Chris. This had never
occurred to me before and, to be honest, I've never heard or read
anything along these lines anywhere else, including from the PSB camp
itself. So I decided that this would make an interesting survey
question. In short, what do *you* think? Near the beginning of the song
"Happiness" (at about the 0:15 point), do you think it's Chris who
spells out the title the second time, or do you think it's still Neil
(though perhaps digitally altered in sound). So please take a moment to
make register your opinion about this right there on my home page --
although, of course, you'll probably want to listen to the opening of
the song a few times before doing so. In the meantime, thanks so much to
Gavin for raising this question and inspiring this survey!

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's poll! And I wish you
all a fantastic week ahead!