[Introspective] Final results of poll on the final singles from PSB albums

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Aug 26 21:54:44 PDT 2017

The final results are in for my poll of the past two weeks, in which I
asked my site visitors to choose whether they believe the final single
from each of the Pet Shop Boys' studio albums was a good choice for the
final single, or whether they hold some contrary opinion about it. And
the song that received the largest number of votes as a good choice for
an album's final single was:

* "Heart," which 69.5% of the voters felt was a good choice as the final
single from "Actually."

Of the other songs, a majority or plurality of voters felt that all but
four of them were also good choices as the final single. Of those four,
their plurality outcomes were:

* 43.1% felt that "London" shouldn't have been released at all as a
single from "Release,"
* 31.9% felt that "All Over the World" shouldn't have been released at
all as a single from "Yes,"
* 40.0% felt that "Undertow" shouldn't have been released at all as a
single from "Super," and
* 47.9% felt that "Integral" should have been an *earlier* single from
"Fundamental" rather than the last one.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and choose one of the "Past Survey
Results" options from the top navigation bar or click the appropriate
link on my "What's New?" page.

For my new poll for the next two weeks -- which I expect to be my final
regular biweekly poll before I resume a weekly schedule -- I've decided
to go with a somewhat frivolous question that may require you to use a
more fanciful imagination than called for in most of my surveys.
Considering that, depending on where we live, we've just recently
entered the final month of either summer or winter, I thought it might
be a good time for us to consider which PSB studio album is the "most
summery." But then why stop with summer? How about *every* season of the
year? So which ones are most autumnal, wintry, and vernal (meaning
"spring-like"), too? I hope you don't think it's too silly a question
and have some fun with it. Please mull it over and, when you're ready,
make your choices right there on my home page.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in my previous survey! And
I hope the next two weeks treats you all very nicely!